Thursday, December 27, 2012

Goodbye 2012

This year has not been the worst. It has not been the best either. Like every year it has had it's moments good and bad. I got to see my aunt again for Christmas and meet my cousin for the first time since she was 5 years old. Just like then though she was too shy to speak much. I grew up with my aunt who is more like a big sister to me than an aunt. She was adopted as a baby and is 10 years older than me. She just turned 43 this month and has ran her first full marathon, finished a few half marathons and so forth. I have another cousin who walked a 5k with her husband. I was looking at running programs just to do for losing some weight in 2013 and maybe help build up my stamina to not be gasping for air just trying to walk up a hill when my husband told me I wouldn't be able to do a 5k and finish. I have asthma, problems with my ankles, knees and scoliosis with back pain, neck pain and headaches on top of it all. So he thinks due to this I will not be able to finish a 5k.

So I am taking on the challenge to start training first of the new year! I will be doing the couch to 5k program and hopefully will be participating in my first 5k and finishing it in March. I might not run the whole way, but I will cross the finish line. I plan on working my way up the line to 10k, half marathon and full marathon. I am not going to just take the simple challenge. I am going to blow it up! Not to mention the pleasure and satisfaction of doing something that challenging it will be great for mind, body and spirit.

My other resolution is going to help with my spirituality. I love to learn about ALL faiths and beliefs from pagan faiths, christian faiths, hindu and so forth. So for 2013 from Day 1 all the way to December 31st I will celebrate in some form or fashion EVERY religious holiday there is. I will learn something from and about each religious faith the events come from and I will place what I learn into my life to help build and strengthen my spirituality.

My other Resolution is that I am going to stop talking about wanting to start my home business. I am actually going to do it. So yay!! I am going to start crafting and making goodies to sell via etsy and an online store. Just have to make my list for equipment I need to purchase, find the good deals on said items and buy product for me to convert into goodies. So there we have 3 very good and practical goals for the new year 2013.

Hope everyone has had a fantastic 2012! Many blessings and stay safe!

L Caldwell

No comments: