Thursday, October 24, 2013

Changes to come??

I love to blog. I hate that I haven't been able to do it as much as I would like to. I never know what to write about though. I love to cook and hope to one day write my own cookbook and have it published one day. So with that said I do believe Momma Talks will begin to lean more towards being a food blog. My favorite part of  my house is in fact my kitchen! I will still share family moments and have focus on these things more than the paths I have gone in the past with my blog. I really enjoy making memories with my kiddos in my kitchen. I have another blog that is fully food related I plan on trying to continue to work on as well. It is where I share recipes I find online and want to try. I guess you can call Heritage Kitchen my recipe box. I share recipes that I call great memory makers.

So what does the future have in store for me and my blogs? I don't know, but I am excited to share every step of the way with all of you.

Other changes in my future... We have been looking into buying a house. We were looking around here locally. Due to the Government Shutdown happening it put a hold on things for us. After the break from house hunting we had some misfortune (in the form of Drama with people) which got us to thinking. My husband said there is nothing here for us really. Cost of living is going up, but pay wages aren't. We need to move our family to an area that has a good cost of living rate and jobs that will pay better. More opportunities that will help us grow as a family and have more learning opportunities at hand for my kiddos. I can totally rock a kitchen in a cabin up in the Smokey Mountains. Just call me Smokey Mountain Momma. So hopefully in the near future we will be making a move and leaving behind the small town he said she said mess. It in fact will be a totally new start for us all in a place where no one knows us and we know nobody. Hopefully the people we get to know in our new hometown will not give us the same results as what we ended up with in this town.

Don't get me wrong. I love living Ruston. It is a very beautiful place to live. We enjoy the Peach Festival and the history that is around here. There isn't a lot we can just get out and do however that doesn't cost a ton of money. Even to go to the Festival in the summer can cost $100 or more. Especially since it is held in the hot southern summer. You spend a small fortune just on bottled waters and Gatorade to replenish your body as it pours buckets of sweat. This last festival held we attended and the heat was horrible. The area we are looking at moving to has mild summers and my kids will get to see fall leaves and snow for a change. There is a lot of history and national parks to visit. They can ride an hour or so in 3 different directions and be in 3 different states aside from the one they are living in. Lots of outdoors stuff to enjoy so they won't be cooped up inside. Especially with the mild weather they get there in the area we are looking at. Summers and Winters here keep us shut up inside mostly due to it being too hot or too cold. We will be able to enjoy Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter during their respected months. It is a really exciting change we all five look forward to.

So on that note... I bid farewell for the time being. I hope everyone has a blessed Thursday.

No comments: