Thursday, November 14, 2013

Time Flies When Your Having Fun...

I remember as a kid the days dragged on for hours it seemed. The years passed by so slow and it seemed to take forever before the end of the year was here. All I looked forward to was Christmas to get here each year. Now it seems like I am asking the clocks to slow down. Days don't have enough time in them and the years enough days. Being an adult seems to have sped up the clock each year that passes. Seems like the older I get the shorter the days get.

We are looking into buying a house right now so my kids can finish their childhoods out in a nice neighborhood. Right now we live in a trailer in a mobile home park. There are some children around, but they aren't the friendliest for them to be around. Not a lot of kids their ages. The neighborhood we are looking at moving into has children their ages and who live next door to us. This is a huge plus. While looking over all of this mortgage stuff I noticed you can get a mortgage of 30 years. I started reading on mortgages and how it was saying if your young and buying a family home then 30 year mortgage is great for you. It then said something about older people getting into buying a house with a 30 - 40 year mortgage. My mom is helping us buy the house as well and she is almost 60 years old. She even stated she probably won't be around when the mortgage on the house pays out. What a time slap in the face! I will be in my 60s in 30 years! My oldest son will be in his early 40s.

I will be the first to admit I have a huge fear of death right now. I don't want to leave my family. I feel like there is so much I have left to do with my kids. I feel like they are growing up too fast and I don't have the time to do everything I have hoped to do with them since the first time I was pregnant with my oldest. I am hoping to start 2014 in a new home with my family. New start, new memories to be made. We are looking forward to this making many changes. I am also hoping this change helps us start to prepare for our kids' futures. Not just give them a better right now. I have never thought about the future and what's to come with it till now. The future is a scary place, but I am ready to face it. I am ready to live in the here and now finally and stop worrying about what to come. What do you think about when you think about the future?

No comments: