Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summertime Treats for the Family!

I am in another recipe sharing mood. I love to search the Internet for recipes that my children would enjoy. I do this so much it could probably be considered a hobby. Well in my search I came across some Summertime Recipes on one of my favorite sites that I have stamped my approval on in a past post. FamilyFun.com has loads of Summer recipes up on their site that you and your family young and old would enjoy!

Here is my Saturday recipe pick to share with all of you out there! Hope you enjoy!

Melt-in-Your-Mouth Melon

Ingredients:

1 Honeydew
Raspberry Sherbert
Chocolate Chips

Instructions:

1) Halve the honeydew, discard the seeds, and chill it overnight in the fridge.

2) The next day, put the halves in the freezer for 15 minutes, pull them out, and pack them with sorbet, gently evening off the top.

3) Using a chilled knife, slice each half into halves again (make sure the melon is sorbet side up).

4) Finally, insert a row of chocolate chip seeds and serve immediately.


This Recipe and many others can be found at FamilyFun and gets my Momma's Stamp of Approval.

No comments: