Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A Day as a Blogger


Hello Everyone!


While brainstorming blog ideas I thought how cool would it be to share my 'work' day! I did a small version of this earlier today on my Twitter. I listed a short Twitter friendly list of what today consisted of. So here we go.

  1. Read Blogs - Yes it is very beneficial for a blogger to read blogs. Read blogs that fall under your same niche. This helps you see how other people do it for one. Also commenting on the post helps get yourself out there as well. Another thing that helps out is reading blogs on how to better your own. See I want to make blogging and being an Influencer my career. What better way to do that than to read blogs of people who have already done that. 
  2. Read Books - Yes, I do a lot of reading. As a matter of fact today I started reading Professional Blogging for Dummies. I absolutely love the 'for Dummies' books. I also love reading Self-Help books. I like the ones that help to build me personally and my business. Just remember this, you have to be your best personally in order to be your best professionally. You are not going to be able to be a success if you have self debt. 
  3. Watch Gilmore Girls - Yes this is a thing for me. If I am not watching Netflix then I am watching Gilmore Girls, Hallmark Channel or Home Improvement. That is this week anyways. No telling what I will be into next week. Watching tv actually helps me relax. Sometimes it even helps me with business ideas. 
  4. Watch Youtube - I watch videos that help me build my business. That or I binge on videos that make me laugh. Either way both help build my business. One gives tips and the other relaxs my mind. It also makes me contemplate that much more about doing videos myself. Still on the fence about that. 
  5. Make List - I create list about blogging topics. I also make list to help me try and organize my time better in life and business. 
  6. Get Social - Today I worked on my Twitter account. Tomorrow I plan on working on my Pinterest account. It seriously needs to get organized. I want to start utilizing it better for my blog and business.You need to be very social to help get your brand in front of people. 
  7. Write Blog Post - This post will not publish until tomorrow. Why? Because I go through and prewrite post to be scheduled at a later date. If you are planning on starting your own blog I honestly suggest doing this. You can choose a free day to write out a week or month's worth of post. It kind of depends on how many times you plan on posting in a month. Some people post daily. Some post twice a week or once a week. If you post daily then writing seven post in one day would be a better thing to do. Or even break the post up to be written between two days in the week. This helps you keep your post consistent and on time. It also helps you not go insane and quite before you even get started. 
  8. Relax - The biggest thing for me is relaxing. Plus why else work from home if you can not have a little downtime for yourself. As some of you know I also homeschool my three boys so between my kids, my husband, household and work I need at least 30 minutes down time. Granted some days I have a lot more time on my hands. That is usually the time I put into reading blogs and books. Nothing says happy worker like having productive free time. 
So, I  hope this shined a light on a day behind my keyboard. This is just my 'blog workday'. I will add it to my list to write a blog on my writing workday and homeschool. If you liked this blog let me know below in the comments. If you like what you read subscribe. Have an idea for a blog post you would like to see me write on? Drop it in the comments or send me an email. Just make sure you let me know in the subject line that you are sending a blog suggestion.

Until next time!

No comments: