Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer Sunday

As the days of summer slowly come to an end over the next month and a half I thought I would find a recipe to place my seal of approval on. I looked for one that would have a summer touch to it and looks like a great cool down for a hot summer Sunday. I don't know about the rest of you, but I live in the south where you sit under a shade tree and sip on something ice cold like some sweet tea, lemonade or something of the sort. Most of us also love to enjoy snacking on some cold watermelon during the summer or homemade ice cream.

I have found a recipe on Allrecipes.com with a touch of summer to it. It has frozen strawberries and watermelons in it.
This recipe was submitted to Allrecipes.com by Nobody'sGirl. I am putting my stamp of approval on this recipe and hope you all enjoy it.

Photobucket


Nobody's Strawberry Watermelon Shakedown

"Frozen strawberries and watermelon take a spin in the blender with cream, yogurt, and orange juice for a sensational summer smoothie! Serve with a slice of fresh watermelon, or a dollop of whipped cream!"

PREP TIME 5 Min
READY IN 5 Min
Original recipe yield 1 large glass

1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
1 1/2 cups frozen diced watermelon
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon white sugar (optional)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:


Add to Shopping List
Customize Recipe
Add a Personal Note


DIRECTIONS
Blend the strawberries, watermelon, cream, yogurt, orange juice, sugar, and vanilla in a blender until smooth.


Here is a great summer recipe for the kiddos to try. You can make changes to it as you want. Frozen yogurt though is very yummy and healthy at the same time!

Photobucket

Yogurt Sundae Recipe

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients:
2 4 oz. waffle cone bowls
2 cups low-fat or non-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
2 Tbsp. chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
2 tsp. maple syrup

This recipe I came across while surfing the web via Google.
It can be found at Kids Cooking on About.com.

No comments: