Monday, May 6, 2019

Product Review: Grove Collaborative, Mrs Meyers & Method | Natural Green Cleaning

Hello Lovelies!


Hope everyone is having a beautiful Saturday.
April was a crazy month for me so I never got around to doing my review video.
I thought I would do my product review here on the blog instead.



So, here goes!

Let me review ordering through Grove first.

The ordering process was super easy.
When I placed my first order it gave me suggested products to reach my minimum $20.
I also received free VIP status for two months.
That means I have a $15 minimum order amount for the 'shop now'.
Also means I get free shipping.

Grove did forget one product in my box which was the Floor Cleaner Concentrate.
I contacted them right away through Twitter and it was ready to ship that day.
They also gave me a $5 credit for the inconvenience.
I did however have to wait the full shipping time as I did when I originally ordered.
I received the missing product about 3 to 5 days after the rest had arrived.
Also for the company being a "green" company I did not like one thing.
The floor concentrate was a very small tube.
When it was shipped to me it was in a box that was huge compared to it's size.
It also was wrapped up in a load of paper.
This to me is a lot of waste for them being a green company. 
The prices on products looked to be the same as they are with a lot of chain stores.

Now the products:

I am going to cover the Mrs Meyers first.
We got Mrs Meyers Dish Soap, Hand Soap and All Purpose Cleaner.
All three were in the Rosemary scent.
Absolutely love the smell.
The dish soap is amazing!
I was using Dawn prior because our children use plastic dishes.
The Mrs Meyers dish soap suds up very well.
It also cleans the plastic dishes very well.
Even when they get a little greasy.
The hand soap also is a favorite.
It has olive oil and a few other things in it which keeps hands from drying out.
The all purpose cleaner however was the star of the show.
It cleaned everything from my stove top to my microwave.
I will also add I have teenage boys so these cleaners were put to the test.
These products also deodorizer very well!
The smell of Rosemary with fresh air blowing in through the windows...
It made my home feel fresh.
Something that is hard to accomplish after winter.

The next product I am going to talk about is the Method products we tried.
I ordered the Method Laundry Detergent and Scent Boosters.
We got these in Beach Sage scent which smells amazing.
I have heard people talk about the other scent but not this one.
The scent boosters call for two caps which are not big.
We ended up cutting it down to one cap full.
They smell amazing and do their job very well.
The detergent also smells amazing.
It cleans the laundry really well also.
This soap works really well in cold water as well.
The laundry came out very clean and deodorized.
With other laundry soaps our clothes did not seem to come out as fresh.
Not so with this.
This is going to be one product line we will keep in stock.

The other products we got were the Grove Floor Cleaner.
It's scent is Orange and Rosemary.
Absolutely love the smell of it.
It cleans very well.
We use it on our living room tile with our Bissel Spray mop.
It also works great at deodorizing.
It came with a glass spray bottle.
I really like the spray.
I like the fact they give you a glass one instead of a plastic.
The spray bottles I believe are sold separately.
The cleaner and spray bottle were both free products I got with my order.
I also received two walnut scrubber sponges.
These I opted to use for cleaning my counters and such.
The reason why is because I got a scrubber brush with suds up crock.
Absolutely love the crock.
It has a whimsical wildflower print around it.
Helps save on soap usage as well.
I had amazing suds using this and helps save on soap waste.
The last product I bought was a Bon Ami powder cleaner.
I did not really get to use this one as of yet.
It is supposed to help deodorize as well as clean.
Is safe to use on pots and pans as well.
I am considering trying this on my copper pans.

So did I like the products?
Yes!

Did I place a second order first of the month?
No.

Why?

Because I actually want to check out more in store.
The site is not the easiest to shop through if you do not know exactly what you want.
Or for me it isn't.

I also do not want to pay for a year of VIP to get free products and free shipping.
I can purchase the same products from Target.

We actually are thinking about trying the Method brand dish soap and cleaner.
I want to see how it compares to Mrs Meyers since we enjoy their laundry products.

So over all I do recommend Mrs Meyers and Method for sure.
Grove has some really nice exclusive products as well.
The prices are good and if you enjoy shopping online this is amazing for you.

Products: 5 stars
Website: 4 stars
Shopping Experience: 4 stars

Until Next Time!

No comments: